The Biennale for illustration ‘Picturale’ (the 9th already) is an internationally known cultural organization (non-profit) supported by de City of Ronse and the Cultural Centre ‘de Ververij’. Its goals are:
- providing a solid and encouraging artistic platform for emerging illustrators, the ‘young wolves’
- giving established illustrators the opportunity to express themselves professionally through a ‘grand exhibition’ in the inspiring environment of the beautiful ‘Ververij’
- bringing together artists/illustrators and the audience in an interactive six-week happening to explore, dialogue and especially savior this ‘magic’ of illustration which never leaves people unmoved.
Ever since 2003, this is the place to be for a growing number of professional illustrators, passionate participants and an ever-appreciative and curious public. For the 2019 edition, we welcomed 5000 visitors (an increase of more than 25% compared with 2017).
Due to the Covid crisis, the Picturale will exceptionnally be organised in the spring of 2022.
- 10 am - new edition of the Picturale storytelling festival: ‘Tales in the City’
- 4:30 pm - unveiling the new mural
- 6:30 pm - vernissage with award ceremony
16/4/22 from 3 pm to 8 pm festive closure with announcement of the winner of the prize awarded by the public
Where? CC 'De Ververij', Wolvestraat 37, 9600 Ronse, Belgium
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- An encouraging exhibition by a select group of ‘young’ talents
- A grand exhibition of ‘established professionals’
- A special solo exhibition by the ‘Picturale 2019’ laureate Pieter Van Eenoge
- An unique exhibition of art works by pupils of the participating primary schools from Ronse and surrounding area
ARE YOU AN ASPIRING ILLUSTRATOR?
See ‘How to participate?'
INTERESTED AS A GROUP?
- We are offering ‘illustration’ workshops for schools (contact: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Exhibition space is available for book presentations (contact: email@example.com)
- In collaboration with the local department of culture and a number of experienced guides we designed a trail along all murals. For more info and a booking, contact firstname.lastname@example.org